What travel documents do I need?
- You MUST have a valid Passport to fly to Mexico
- You must present an immigration card (issued to you when you go through US immigration at the airport) at the time of check in that indicates on which day you will be flying out of Mexico. Any guest that does not present an immigration card is subject to a 16% VAT tax.
Is airfare included in the trip cost?
- No. All guests are responsible for booking their own airfare.
What airport should I fly into?
- Cancun International Airport (CUN)
How far is the resort from the airport?
- Hard Rock Riviera Maya is located about 60 minutes from the Cancun Airport.
I purchased the shuttle. How do I add my flight information?
- Log into your Cloud 9 Account and click “Your Account” in the top right hand corner.
- Select “Your Reservations” from the dropdown.
- You will see your reservation and a button that says “Enter Flight Info”.
Do I need to add the shuttle for my kids?
- All children, regardless of age, who are taking the event’s shuttle must purchase transportation.
- Car seats for children under 2 are available upon request. Booster seats for children over 2 are not available.
What is the currency in Mexico?
- Pesos. However, US Dollars are also accepted!
Can I pay with US currency?
- Yes; however, your change may be returned in Pesos.
Do I tip while in Mexico? If so, how much?
- Tipping is customary but not expected for hotel staff such as bellmen, housekeepers & bartenders.
- A couple bucks here or there is always appreciated.
What should I pack?
Passport • Sunglasses • Hat • Sunscreen & Aloe • Bug Spray • Reusable Bottle/Cup/Straw • Rain Gear • Warm Clothes • Swimsuit • Pool Float • Ear Plugs • Costume for our Theme Night
What should I NOT pack?
- No illegal substances, weapons, drones, or pets.
- The use of illegal drugs is strictly prohibited and all laws pertaining to drug use must be respected.
Can I bring my camera?
- You may bring any kind of camera to the event to shoot your vacation however, professional camera equipment for filming and photography during the shows is prohibited.
- Drones are banned from the event.
Do I need an electrical converter?
- No. Mexico operates on the same 120V plug-in as the United States.
- There are limited outlets in the rooms so bringing a power strip can be helpful.
What if I have accessibility needs?
- If you need accommodations with specific ADA amenities in the room (toilet height, bed height, door widths, roll in shower) please be sure to book a Deluxe Gold with king bed.
- If you have mobility issues but do not need a roll in shower, etc please indicate your issue in your medical notes and the hotel will place you in an appropriate area that best suites your needs.
- Please contact the Accessibility Coordinator with any questions or concerns.
- Wheelchairs, scooters, and amphibious chairs (with larger tires that can traverse sand and are water friendly) can be rented and delivered to the hotel through Playa Mobility.
- We offer ADA transportation to and from the airport for those in need.
- Please purchase your airport shuttle then contact the Travel Team at least 60 days prior to the start of the event to make arrangements.
- There is an ADA Viewing platform in the Main Stage Concert Courtyard venue.
Are there any additional fees?
- There is a $49 ticketing fee which includes a $5 surcharge to our non-profit partner Positive Legacy.
- All taxes and fees are included at the time of booking.
- Anyone unable to present an immigration card during check-in may be assessed an additional 16% tax.
I’m staying in the area during the event. Can I buy a day pass to the shows?
- No day passes or individual show tickets are offered. All guests must be booked through Cloud 9 Adventures and be staying at Hard Rock Riviera Maya to attend.